Monday Mugshots Collaboration May 15th

Hello, Lovlies!! If you're new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
 Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 05.20 


PROMPT: What if?
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug with one of your what if's.
BOOKERS: Create a page about something you always think "what if" about.... use thought bubbles.

RACHEL
Most days, I am happy to be married to a police officer. Other days... when I hear so much thanklessness, (is that even a word?) and see the lack of appreciation for the fact that EVERY TIME my husband goes to work, he might not come home... I wonder... what if he wasn't a police officer any more...? What if?

GLENDA
I don't know about you but I have always wondered what I would have been and where I would be today if I would have gone on to University and taken something that I would have enjoyed doing every day. I had alot of fun with this page and think it will be fun to look back on.



AMY
What if? This is a question I try not to ask as I have spent a lot of years learning to live in the present, not the past. When given this prompt I started to think of some what ifs in my life...What if I were skinny? What if I were rich? Etc, etc, none of those things REALLY matter though. But with Sunday being Mother's Day there was one "What if?" that really got me thinking...What if my Mom were still alive? She has been gone several years now and with each year it gets closer to me spending more years without her than I did with her. I got to thinking of the things she has missed, the biggest being my marriage to Jason. What would she have thought of him? What would she think of me? Would she be proud of me? Would she understand some of the decisions I have made. What if?
My Mom's favorite flowers were dianthus/carnations so for this prompt I shot my "mug" (my mason jar of homemade sangria) in front of some that I bought and planted the day before Mother's Day.

BETH
 What if... about a year into my tenure at Boyd Coffee Company...
What if... I had taken that job offer in Colorado...
Would he have hunted me down as he says?
Would my last name start with a "T"?
Would my interest in antiques, papercutting, stitching have been encouraged?
Would those two Littles (see their silhouettes on the mantle) be mine?
Would I be ever grateful to a coffee company for playing matchmaker?
What if...

The rules

  1. Use all or just part of the prompts.
  2. MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that. 
  3. You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON'T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
  4. There is NO right or wrong.
  5. Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
  6. This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)  
  7. Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed. 
  8. If you would like to "officially" sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. I am touched by all the interpretations of this prompt.

    Rachel, police officers definitely don't get enough appreciation and seeing it from your point of view reminds me of the daily commitment both of you make.

    Glenda, fun page and I love the added bits of handwriting.

    Amy, I lost my mother recently too so your tribute really hit home. I love how you photographed her favorite flowers with your mason jar sangria.

    Beth, neat photograph and knowing the story makes it even better. I love those vintage coffee cans.

    Hope to do something for this prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love, Juana!! Being a Police family is definitely a commitment and sacrifice from all of us.

      Delete
  2. http://geknipt.blogspot.be/2013/05/what-if.html
    This is the page I made for this challenge.
    The Dutch texts says that I don't ask myself that question, because I new that every decision in my life has brought me to where I am now, had I made different dicisions, my life would have been different.
    The question reminded me of the movie "Sliding Doors" and that is why I made a picture (and the background of the page) with the plan of the London Underground.
    The bubbles are in the colors of the Underground lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel...I love to see your art journal work and yesterday I put you on my list of winners of The Sunshine Award in blogs. I am pretty much a novice at this but I was nominated so am just passing this along. Thanks for the inspiration!

    You can see my 'awarding' over at http://www.shirleyanngoerlitz.blogspot.ca/2013/05/absolutely-amazing.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! It's hard to find the time to be creative, but twice a month sounds easy and the coffee is a given. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if I'm late submitting this. I really enjoyed working with this prompt, thank you for the inspiration.
    My journal page:
    http://thejoyofcreativity.blogspot.ca/2013/05/a-year-in-life-of-art-journal-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's getting more difficult to keep up... but I'm trying! http://www.julietiu.com/2013/05/27/mugshot-monday-what-if/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts